Korede Bello Speaks On The Headies Controversy, His Alleged Romance With Dj Cuppy and More


MAVIN Record artist, Korede Bello in an exclusive interview with Ademola Olonilua spoke about his career, winning the headies, his relationship status and other stuffs that might might interest you.

Check out excerpts from the interview below;

How do you feel being a recipient of the Headies award?

It shows that God answers prayers and He proved that He was right when He said that we shall always be the head and not the tail. God’s word is beginning to manifest in my life. I feel greatly honored because I was placed in a category that had other industry heavyweights and musicians that I revere.

Honestly I did not think I would win because my song, Godwin, was put against some of my favourite songs of 2015 but then again, I expected God to win in the situation. I did not plan for it and I was short of words when I was called on the stage.

You were also in the category for the contentious Next Rated category that sprang up some controversy. What is your opinion on the drama that happened over that award?

Regarding the controversy, Reekado Banks had a good year in 2015 and he is a hard worker. He deserves everything he gets. Kiss Daniel also did very well last year; he had three hit songs last year and some of the songs are my favourite.

Lil Kesh, my brother, also had back to back hits last year. It should be a big deal for anyone who was nominated, but it is only one person that would take home the prize. It is a voting category and I guess the fans chose their favorite.

Do you think the whole rancor that sprang up as a result of that award was necessary? 

Certain situations spark up spontaneous reactions. I am sure the parties involved in the controversy would be remorseful after the event because nobody wants to be associated with something negative. It was a spur of the moment reaction because we are humans and we have blood running through our veins.

We have opinions to express; it is just the way that we pass our opinion that matters. People have a right to be angry and they have a right to express their opinion.

They have a right to defend themselves, their friends, and their songs. I think everybody just wants to be better and they want what is best for their team. That is all I can say.

Do you think you can do a song that would be as impactful as Godwin again?

Godwin is a very powerful song but I want to assure my fans that we have recorded some very fantastic songs. We even had song that were ‘Godwin worthy’ before we recorded Godwin.

But you can’t deny the fact that there are some elements in Godwin that cuts across all demography. Everyone can relate to the song and you don’t get those kinds of songs easily. Even if you do a song that is better than it, just because some segments of people cannot relate to it, they might feel it is not like Godwin.

Godwin was divinely inspired and it was a God project and I pray God blesses my other projects too. 

Are you in a relationship?
I get this question a lot on twitter and the truth is that I am single although I have a few crushes. I am very much single and available.

Is it that you haven’t found a girl you like?

It is not about finding a girl that I like but more of priority for me. I feel it is still too early for a relationship and I might get distracted because I am a romantic person and I give all I have to my relationship. Right now, I have a lot on my mind, I have music and I have school, so I am trying to balance that.

Did you ever date DJ Cuppy?

Cuppy is my friend and I love her. There was one that I was with Zahra Buhari as well and people began to speculate. They are my people and that is it.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Freelance Creative Artist and Blogger - #MUFC Fan - I Love Life - BBMme: 24D499BF - For Music Submission Mail aktor365blogs@gmail.com

0 comments :

Post a Comment